- You are truly and sincerely affectionate, love to give hugs and kisses. And everyone is your friend.
- You are daddy's girl. When he leaves for work each morning, you are devastated. On Saturday mornings, you love to come into bed for snuggles. Even after he disciplines, you'd rather have Daddy close by.
- You're totally enthralled with bugs. Worms, caterpillars, ants, rolly-pollies.
- You're very adamant about doing things all by yourself.
- You love books and stories. Lately, not only do you request more and more bedtime stories, you often tell me bedtime stories. You have several books memorized. Your favorites: Olivia, Queen of Style, The Caboose Who Got Loose, Kermit the Hermit, The Mouse and the Strawberry, Just the Way You Are, You are Special, Kiki's Blankie.
- It takes a good half an hour for you to really come to after you wake up. The doctor says you may just be a cranky waker-upper, and that you probably inherited it from one of your parents. I know which one, and I'm sorry.
- You love the kitchen! You're already very adept at egg cracking. Baking is your favorite, and you've almost know all of the ingredients to chocolate chip cookies by heart. You never work without your apron!
- You're a total poser. When the camera comes out, you'll smile and make faces and laugh (or cry) on que. Tonight, you told me you want to be on TV like Mommy. Daddy says you could have been our meal ticket, if only Mommy had gotten you an agent at birth. Mommy says there's still time...
Sophie, you should know that even at three years old, we are very proud of you. You're a wonderful big sister, a caring friend and a lovely daughter. Mommy and Daddy love you very much!