"Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence." (Bonnie D. Parkin)
To practice what I preach (and I'm not really preaching; you can do whatever you want), here are a few things I'm grateful for:
- The biggies: awesome best friend hubby, great kiddo with fabulous health and a spunky spirit, and a home that feels like... well, home.
- My iPhone. You know that inbetween time at a restaurant when your kid is cranky and famished and you've placed your order but it hasn't arrived yet? When you wish you could just quiet him/her with "Dumbo?" I can! It is so great!
- If I need something, I can usually go get it. In college, I couldn't say that.
- A passport with stamps in it. That reminds me, I still need to apply for a name change...
- Once, I exchanged cordial "hellos" with Bob Barker in the hall. Another time, I spun the wheel (again, in the hall) and it landed on a DOLLAR!
- Awesome friends. I mean, really.
- Sophie's black Converse.
- My sibs. Gosh, they drove me nuts fourteen years ago.
- I drive the same car that my husband and I fell in love in, and I hope I never have to give it up.
What are you grateful for?